Three Ways Fleet Management Software Improves the Efficiency of Field Personnel
Operators and other field personnel have critical jobs to perform. However, a surprising amount of time and money can get wasted on unessential tasks if you don’t have the right technology in place for them to use. Properly implemented fleet management solutions like NexGen and Atom provide your field personnel the technology they need to perform daily tasks easily such as completing safety checklists, gathering signatures when arriving on a job site and entering labor without wasting valuable time and resources.
NexGen provides a centralized and powerful operations system for your back office and the Atom mobile app brings robust mobile capabilities to employees wherever the job takes them.
In this post, we will discuss three ways to improve the efficiency of field personnel using fleet management software.
1. Allocate Resources More Efficiently
- The dispatch department has improved visibility of available staff and equipment via NexGen’s detailed dashboards
- Field personnel can be scheduled more efficiently to reduce the amount of staff on the clock who are not billable to specific revenue generating jobs
- Atom’s routing and mapping capabilities reduce travel time and gas usage while ensuring people and equipment are where they need to be when they need to be there
2. Improve transparency
- Electronic job tickets contain the necessary information pertinent to jobs and job sites including address, equipment required, main point of contact and employees assigned. This reduces confusion between field personnel and the customer
- Last minute changes to imminent or ongoing jobs are sent to operators and field personnel on their mobile device in real-time
- Reduce or eliminate poor communication between dispatch and field personnel that results in drivers waiting for returned phone calls and driving in circles
3. Capture Critical Data from the Field
- Using the Atom mobile app operators and field personnel enter payroll, capture signatures and provide critical safety information on their mobile device to improve owner liability
- Data captured is only entered once. Critical information remains accurate as it flows through a centralized fleet management system to other departments
- Reduce field personnel’s time dedicated to administrative tasks
- Save on labor costs due to the ability to enter critical information on the Atom mobile app
- Invoice customers quickly – even the same day a job ends – to get paid faster
To discover how your company’s field personnel can perform their job more efficiently with fleet management software contact one of our analysts.