Implementation Specialist Job Description
The Implementation Specialist is the person assigned to lead, manage and support customer implementation from start to successful finish. This role is critically important to ensure a smooth handoff from the sales process all the way through go-live and post implementation support. The Implementation Specialist is responsible for ensuring a successful implementation project results in a positive customer experience.
This is an interesting job:
Your job is delivering amazing customer service each and every day to go above and beyond to delight our customers.
You will seek to understand what the customer’s current business processes are, their issues and their challenges, then work with them to map and improve those processes to best take advantage of the new software systems. You will take on tough complex projects and manage the implementation project from inception to successful rollout.
You will need to understand the sources of data used for critical business decisions and work with the customer to implement the best practices to configure and implement our software to generate the data used to analyze business operations and make those important decisions.
We work in a challenging market and you will have significant influence on the future of the industry, the individual businesses you will work with and even the safety of each employee working for our customers. You can – and will – make a difference.
Your responsibilities include:
- Lead or support all aspects of customer implementations. Responsible for successful installation, configuration, training and overall implementation of Fleet Cost & Care systems to a new customer or an existing customer adding new modules.
- Define and maintain detailed project implementation plans. Monitor and manage project budget, hours, and expenses.
- Plan, manage and ensure critical project implementation tasks are assigned and completed on schedule.
- Manage and track critical path tasks and issues to resolution.
- Escalate project issues to FCC management and customer executive sponsor.
- Serve as the lead contact for daily customer interaction and implementation activities.
- Coach and prepare customers for successful rollouts of the applications.
- Ensure effective transfer of information learned in training to the work environment.
- Diagnosis, research and analyze customer issues and requests.
- Develop, track and report key implementation progress metrics.
- Prioritizing and escalating issues when needed and keeping customers informed of progress. Develop and maintain implementation best practices, document procedures, standards, best practices, configuration settings and sequences.
- Work with third-party vendors when issues traverse multiple systems.
- Assist with data conversions.
- Identify gaps in functionality and work with product management to enhance our products.
- Participate in enhancement creation, release and change management activities.
- Document and process project scope change and customization requests.
- Prioritize customer enhancements and issues. Work with product development team as needed to develop specifications and customer acceptance criteria.
- Create and update product and training documentation.
- Communicate project completion and hand-off to support.
- Provide end-user training in our software.
- Provide go live support and ensure a seamless transition of the customer account to Fleet Cost & Care Customer Support department.
- Learn new release functionality in preparation for the next implementation.
It’s essential you have these skills:
- A great communicator. You communicate in a professional and personable manner. You build positive, long-lasting “service oriented” relationships with clients, vendors, staff, and partners by being professional, courteous, and friendly at all times whether on the phone or in person.
- Drive Best practices. You are always looking for ways to make things better, faster and more streamlined using industry best practices in processes and system use.
- Work with customers to find ways to improve the software to make their life better. Articulate the business needs, value and impact of why this improvement or enhancement is justified.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Computer skills – all the essential basics (Office apps, PC, remote connectivity, remote meetings, etc).
It’s great if you already have these skills or you’d really love to learn them:
- Industry knowledge. Experience with fleet management in the construction, crane, rigging, equipment dealership or equipment rental industries.
- Fleet Cost & Care NexGen and Atom Products. Experience with our products is a big plus.
- Skills: Knowledge of accounting, payroll, logistics, dispatching, is a plus.
- Sage, Microsoft and other ERP and Accounting Software. Many of our customers use or implement these systems.
- We use Salesforce for CRM & customer support operations internally.
- Technical. Able to operate various types of technological equipment and software applications. Advanced user of MSOffice, especially Word and Excel. Microsoft PowerBI & SQL server experience a plus.
Education & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field is desired
- 2-5 years’ experience in a role that that is customer-facing (e.g., Professional Services, Customer Support, Customer Success, Project Management, Implementation, etc.)
Read this before you apply:
We are a privately-owned software company. You will treat the company and customers like they are yours. You must be willing to:
- Work overtime and holidays as requested
- Work with a wide variety of cultures
- Be available on an on-call basis after-hours by mobile phone
- Travel to customer sites to perform software implementation work and training is required.
- Travel anywhere from 25 to 50%, when needed (may be more for brief periods of time).
Fleet Cost & Care offers a comprehensive benefit package. Details will be provided during interview process.
Location: Negotiable. This position is able to work from home.
How to get this job: Send your application to Dave Howard at [email protected]. We want to see a great cover letter, resume and anything else you want to show us.