On the Right Path: Fleet Cost & Care’s First Leadership Summit is a Success
Fleet Cost & Care (FCC) kicked off the first in a series of Leadership Summits in Indianapolis last May. These exclusive meetings are designed to bring together leaders in the crane & rigging industry, equipment manufacturers, and providers of telematics, insurance, business intelligence, training, and financial services to discuss current challenges business leaders face and paths toward practical solutions. FCC believes establishing an alliance of thought leaders will propel the industry forward.
The focus of the first meeting was: people, culture, and safety. These are critical elements to current and future success of any business. Fleet Cost & Care is convinced that these elements need to be examined from another angle.
Over the course of two days attendees participated in a variety of round-table discussions focusing on harnessing the power of data to drive growth, effecting a positive change, and to achieve loftier goals in our industry. A few of those goals included:
- Develop leaders and leadership in our industry
- Create a cross-vendor environment of actionable data for reporting and decision-making
- Saving lives through safety data and system innovations
- Develop key building blocks for education making it easier to access and user-friendly
- Develop and coalesce an ecosystem of vendors supporting the crane/heavy equipment industry
As day two ended, it became apparent that not only did the vendors and FCC industry experts agree on what the gaps our industry needed to fill were, but the customers did too! A consensus of where the industry stands is a promising guidepost that can lead us to where we want to be. Some key takeaways of the summit included:
- Developing and implementing better paths to learning, will help reduce risk and elevate safety protocols
- Data for data’s sake does not help anyone – the ease with which companies assess information is critical
- The keys to success are: People, Culture, and Safety
- Regardless of size, all companies deal with the same issues
Evolving the way executives and management teams develop their workforce, cultivating a positive culture, and advancing safety programs will determine who rises above the competition. Doing the same thing and expecting different results is a recipe for stagnation. In a challenging yet exciting time for our industry, the passion for improvement and dedication that the attendees of the first Fleet Cost & Care Leadership Summit exhibited, gives us reason to believe we are on the right path. We are lighting the fire to change for the good – – the “do it right era” is here.
Want to learn more about Fleet Cost & Care solutions? Contact us to get started.