Four Reasons to Finally Stop Waiting and Invest in Software
Many crane rental companies still use fragmented systems, excel spreadsheets, and paper to manage complex operations. One of the key objections we commonly come across is the fear of investing in software. The mentality, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it,” has been adopted by many crane rental companies. But what we also know in the crane rental business is that if you don’t realize something is broken, you can’t fix it – and that can lead to even bigger issues in the long-term.
Due to the complexity and competitive nature of the crane rental business an investment in fleet management software is now critical to guaranteeing long-term success. Companies spend millions of dollars on equipment, personnel, and operations, yet are often hesitant to make a comparatively small investment to maintain a competitive advantage and improve policy and procedures.
In this post, I review four ways properly implemented fleet management software results in improved operations and increases profitability.
Fleet management software…
1. Eliminates Fragmented Systems and Double Data Entry
- Establish a centralized system for all operations
- Enter all information and data required to run a crane rental operation only once
- Integrate with other necessary systems like accounting, payroll, GPS, and ELD, to ensure a central access point for all information
- Minimize customer facing errors and costly mistakes by reducing paper documentation and human error
2. Improves Transparency and Establishes Effective Company Procedures
- Establish complete transparency into resources, inventory, and availability with a central system
- Build company procedures for sales, dispatch, service, accounting, and more around a centralized operations system
- Reduce non-productive labor and accomplish more across all departments
3. Demonstrates Quality Assurance and Safety
- Establish or enhance the level of assurance around the service of equipment by centralizing and tracking all service activities digitally
- Coordinate and schedule technicians more effectively to reduce equipment down time
- Proactively manage preventative maintenance and extend the lifespan of your equipment
- Benefit from an improved track record of safety and reliability
- Leverage an improved track record to reduce insurance premiums and risk exposure
- Earn more jobs due to your reputation for maintaining safe equipment
4. Develops Robust and Accurate Sales forecasts and KPI Reports
- Visualize and analyze data with greater speed, efficiency, and understanding
- Report and track key performance indicators (KPIs) by department
- Identify future capital expenditures by evaluating asset utilization over time
- Assess job, unit, and customer profitability for sales and business development planning
Downstream benefits abound when your commit to a fleet management solution, a technology partner, and the future of your company.
Contact one of our analysts to begin exploring how you can unleash the full potential of your fleet.