6 Benefits of Using the Cloud for Fleet Management Data
Certain aspects of cloud hosting raise red flags and cause concern for business owners–especially those of smaller companies. Understanding and utilizing the benefits of cloud solutions for fleet management data saves your IT department headaches and your accounting department dollars on the bottom line.
6 Benefits of using the cloud for fleet management software:
- Reduce overall spending on network hardware and IT staff
- Increased accessibility, employees can connect from anywhere on any device
- Monitoring, support & disaster recovery maintained by the hosting company
- Automate critical process
- Increased security of your data
- Scalability of services
Cloud service providers offer scalable solutions especially beneficial to fleet owners. Being an operations driven industry, time spent on internal IT training and infrastructure management is time away from bringing in revenue and keeping customers happy. Make use of what professionals in the infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and data management field have to offer. Curating a mindset that fleet management data should be left to the cloud hosting professionals, allowing fleet owners/managers to focus on their fleet is a prudent choice.
Adapting a hosting service to manage your core databases, Microsoft Windows licenses, server infrastructure, main operational programs and support can provide a company with a competitive advantage in terms of time and labor. Partnering with a server management company to essentially host a company’s entire computing environment can help you quickly realize the aforementioned benefits. Let’s take a quick look at each benefit and see how it can affect your fleet management practices.
1. Reduce overall spending on network hardware and IT staff
- Keeping fixed costs low is a no brainer. In the fleet management industry where operating costs are generally high, any cost reducing practices help
- Shift the burden of infrastructure to a service provider
2. Increased accessibility, employees can connect from anywhere on any device
- By using a standard remote desktop connection to a terminal server connection provided by the host, employees can connect to their data from anywhere
- Let your salesmen or operators in the field access company data with mobile fleet management apps from anywhere
3. Monitoring, support, patching and disaster recovery maintained by management company
- Outsource your IT support to people who live and breathe it
- Focus on day-to-day operations rather than back-end processes
4. Automate critical processes
- Don’t worry about whether or not you backed up your data
5. Increased security of your data
- The significance of data to an organization cannot be understated, mitigate your risk by entrusting your data to someone whose profession is protecting yours
- Keep confidential information as well as credit card financial data secure
6. Scalability of services
- Need for more or less space or user licenses can easily be adjusted without investing in new hardware
- Monthly fees are based on how much storage is required
- Adjusting service levels to mirror your business volume and keep costs down
The cloud services market concerning fleet management data is still relatively small within the industry, but is poised for considerable growth within the next five years. The competitive advantage gained from a hosted system means that as your company grows you largely avoid the IT growing pains incurred when you host everything in-house.
As you look to the future the forecast calls for clear skies, dollars saved and efficiency improved in the world of cloud computing. Whether you are running applications that share photos to millions of mobile users or you’re supporting the critical operations of your business, cloud computing provides easy access to flexible and low-cost IT resources.